< async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-119112785-1"> < window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-119112785-1');> The Galilean Presbyterian Church
        Rocky Spring church founded 1828
1827 The first worship services were held. A tent shelter
was used for the Pastor while the people sat on logs. The Communion elements
were set upon a flat rock that had a spring flowing by it. Thus, Rocky Spring
was the name chosen by the congregation. The site was on property that was
known as the Craun farm one mile west of Homewood. That is near the
intersection of Craun Lane and Foxwood Road in Big Beaver Borough today. 
1828 – 1830 Rev. Moses Kerr served as the first pastor. The
longest serving pastor was Rev. Samuel Patterson 1849 – 1895. For a total of 46
1833 Land was donated by the Line family to build a
structure for worship and a cemetery. It is said that a log structure was
erected first followed later by a clapboard structure. This served as the house
of worship until 1868 when the present house of worship was built during the
tenure of Rev. Patterson.
February 1, 1959 the Rocky Spring United Presbyterian Church
joined with The First Presbyterian Church of New Galilee to form The Galilean
United Presbyterian Church. 
1983 With the merger of the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.
(the southern church) and The United Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. (the
northern church) We became The Galilean Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
      Special thanks goes to Dennis Krebs for his researching efforts!